Monday, November 17, 2008

solidude

it's monday night and my workweek is officially over. nice to come home to my stuff just as i left it and know i'm free to play for the next few days. i'm letting the lease run out on my studio so will be teaching here come december, which will be nice; i'll never have to leave the house again! of course, this will be complicated a bit come january when lesley goes to india and i take the doggles full time, but we'll manage.

i'd been holding off telling ma n' pa about the move, but broke the news today and while they may not fully understand, i think part of them must. i can't really imagine living with someone over forty YEARS like them. wow. it still all feels good, though sad at times, but as this is a period of adjustment, that's to be expected.

i just made a list to keep on my desk to remind me of things i can be doing other than being online. sure is tempting to go here, go there, following my curiosity in a gazillion directions, but it becomes more of a distraction (like TV) after a while. i now have some freedom to follow my own bliss any time and in any way that manifests.

still have a gob of unpacking and organizing to do, but every day it feels more and more like home. les and i still see each other a lot and we're still hanging out, taking care of each other and stuff, which i'm grateful for.

looking at a quick arizona trip for Xmas and then it's back and time for my big student concert. with that, i'm going to post this and get offline. i gots things to do!

No comments: