Monday, March 3, 2008

chocolate vein

it's monday night and i'm listening to the roots and blogging from home; bit the bullet and finally got a wireless signal of my own emanation. no more relying on neighbors for this homeslice. listening to the roots--?uestlove is the shizzit.

les is in florida and will be returning tomorrow night. i'd like to say it's been great having the place to myself, but i've been go-go-going ever since dropping her off at 5am on saturday and have been working ever since. luckily it's my weekend now and i can let my hair down. in fact i think i'll do just that.

that's better. yeah-it's tough being a single doggydad; i can't even conceive of the level of stress and lack of sleep a real daddylife would entail. luckily we have a doggydoor now so are able to leave the dogs without worrying too much, which is a real godsend.

tomorrow i'm playing at vanessie's as part of a public conversation put on by creative santa fe, of which i'm still a board member. i'd always heard of this place but had never been, and after a gift certificate found its way into our hands we went there a month or so ago and it sucked! overpriced and poorly prepared. we were expecting something along the lines of geronimo's but hit closer to applebees. okay, it wasn't THAT bad, but i sure wouldn't pay to eat there.

went to peter breslin's duology4 on saturday. a former student of mine, morgan wells, was one of the participants. all in all it was a good night but i had issues with the sound levels. ran into john and tricia and julia, who wants to talk this week about my comic in the santa fe reporter!!! i don't know what will come of it but am hopeful. peter's the shizzit too. i'd love to hear him do a duet with the aforementioned ?uestlove...him, along with other duets with Diamanda Gala and Kevin Kling.

I eschewed pat metheny last night, largely due to fatigue. I was happy to hear a couple of my students attended, though. The weather is warming up here in general, though it snowed last night and was a bit chilly today, especially up on the mountain. i went off the trail at one point and quickly found myself up to my ass in snow. i had to roll out and then maximize flesh-to-snow contact by walking on my hands and knees back to the trail again. yowza.

set up my studio for recording again and hope to have some new mp3s to share in the days ahead. i'm sure there's more i'm missing, but that about brings me up to date.

No comments: